Disney Parks blog just released a foodie guide for their Hispanic and Latin American Heritage Month celebrations at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort and we’ve got the vegan options to share with you! (Yes, we actually have *multiple* options!)
From the Parks Blog: Hispanic and Latin American Heritage Month is nearly here, and there are plenty of culinary delights across Disney parks for you to try as you join in on the exciting festivities. From Sept. 15 to Oct. 15, both Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort have tasty treats highlighting the flavors of the Hispanic and Latin American cultures. From limited-time offerings to menu items you can enjoy all year long, there are plenty of mouthwatering dishes to enjoy!
Let’s get right to the vegan items:
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
This item is available in 3 locations: Flame Tree Barbecue, Pizzafari, Restaurantosaurus (Available Sept. 15 through Oct. 15)
- Tres Leches Cupcake: Plant-based version of the traditional Colombian tres leches cake with vanilla cake soaked in almond, coconut, and oat milk, plant-based cinnamon, swirls of whipped icing, passion fruit boba, and a white chocolate piece featuring Antonio, Chispi, and Pico from Disney’s “Encanto” (New) (Plant-based)
I can’t wait to try this one! I also think Antonio is the perfect fit in Disney’s Animal Kingdom, so I hope this is a sign of things to come in the future!
Kusafiri Bakery (Available Sept. 15 through Oct. 15)
- Impossible Empanada: Flaky Latin dough filled with plant-based picadillo (ground beef) (New)
Now this looks amazing and I’m so glad they are doing more to make vegan versions of meat-based classics. No word on if this will replace the Vegan Potato Hand Pies at this same location, or be in addition to. Either way, can’t wait to try them!!
Now over in Disneyland, the fun has already started. I’m over there now as I type this from my room in the Grand Californian, and this item was already on my list to try. I’ll be sure to post photos when I do, so be sure to check back or follow us on instagram and facebook for the latest updates!
Plaza de la Familia at Paradise Garden Grill at Disney California Adventure (Available through Nov. 2)
- Chorizo Quesadilla: Poblano, onions, and mozzarella topped with cilantro crema and served with salsa roja and escabeche (New) (Plant-based)
Can’t wait to try them all!
The Parks Blog notes some existing items which are being highlighted under the Hispanic Heritage Month, including the Panna-Connie’s Congo Lime Delight at Skipper Canteen, and the Marinated Aceitunas Olives along with the Chocolate-Avocado Mousse with Strawberry-Basil Sorbet and coconut crumble at Toledo in Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort. They also are highlighting the Guava Mousse Cake and Adobo Yuca Fries from EPCOT’s International Food & Wine Festival which runs until November 19th.
Over in Disneyland, Rancho del Zocalo has
- Cauliflower Tacos with cabbage slaw and tomatillo sauce served with Mexican rice and refried beans which is also vegan as is. We had these last October and they are spicy and filling!
And Disney California Adventure over in Cocina Cucomunga has
- Tacos Dorados de Papa: Crispy potato tacos topped with cabbage slaw, dairy-free crema, and tomatillo salsa are vegan as is – hoping to get this item during my visit too!
Let us know if you try any of these new or existing items and what you think! Thanks to Disney for including us this time around after we missed out on all the Halloween and Summer specialty foods.