“A Touch of Disney” info was released on the Disney Parks Blog. Below we give you a rundown of all the details we know and what will be vegan at this sold-out hard-ticketed event at Disney California Adventure Park in the Disneyland Resort.
What is “A Touch of Disney”?
A Touch of Disney is a new, limited-capacity ticketed experience coming to Disney California Adventure Park beginning March 18. So what does that mean? Well, you’ll need to buy a ticket, even if you had tickets/passes for Disneyland before. The tickets will be for specific days Thursdays – Mondays from noon to 8pm. The tickets will be $75, but will include PhotoPass photos and a $25 dining card.
Here’s more info directly from Disney:
Select retail locations also will be open, selling the latest apparel, accessories and souvenirs, including the new, adorable Disney NuiMOs. Pop in and out of the shops along Buena Vista Street or head to Bing Bong’s Sweet Stuff at Pixar Pier for a selection of treats, including themed candy apples.
While you explore the park, capture photos at iconic locations and discover new photo-worthy spots – some that are available only if you attend A Touch of Disney. You might catch a wave from Mickey Mouse and see some of his pals in unexpected settings. Mater and Lightning McQueen may be seen in Cars Land, or Joy and Sadness at Pixar Pier. To help set the stage for A Touch of Disney, a new, specially curated soundtrack of reimagined Disney songs will be broadcast throughout the park, along with updates and reminders about many can’t-miss experiences. Attractions remain closed for now.
Here’s what you need to know*:
- Dates: Beginning Mar. 18; offered Thursdays – Mondays from noon to 8 p.m.
- Pricing: The introductory $75 ticket includes admission, parking for the experience at Mickey & Friends parking structure, unlimited downloads of Disney PhotoPass photos taken during the day of the experience, and a $25 A Touch of Disney dining card valid towards the purchase of food and non-alcoholic beverages (subject to restrictions including not being valid for alcohol). Ticket prices are subject to change.
- Tickets: A Touch of Disney tickets will be available on Disneyland.com beginning March 4, for select days from March 18 through April 5, 2021. They will then be released for dates on a rolling basis until the experience ends. Tickets must be purchased in advance and online at Disneyland.com for a specific date (subject to availability).
- Dining: Table reservations for Lamplight Lounge and Carthay Circle Lounge – Alfresco Dining will be made available beginning March 11. Table reservations do not provide admission to A Touch of Disney and dining at those locations requires A Touch of Disney ticket that is valid on the same day as the table reservation. Reservations are recommended, and additional details are coming soon.
So to recap, you need advance tickets – you can not buy them at the gate, you should probably get dining reservations if you want a table service experience, and a dining reservation does not guarantee admission, you need the Touch of Disney ticket to get in.
What Dining Locations Will Be Open?
Right now, this experience will be a combo of a mini-DCA Food & Wine Festival, and some table service options. Some of the Marketplace booths will be open:
Mobile Ordering Will Be Available at the Following Marketplaces (and is advised to mobile order ahead when possible):
- Disney D-Lish
- California Craft Brews
- LA Style
- Golden Dreams
- Uncork California
Snack Stands will also be open including (not all carts have vegan items but remember regular popcorn and Mickey pretzels are vegan as-is!):
- Willie’s Churros – Buena Vista Street
- Popcorn Near Carthay Circle Lounge – Alfresco Dining – Buena Vista Street
- Cappuccino Cart – Pacific Wharf
- Vending Cart – Performance Corridor
- Vending Cart – Refreshment Point
- Popcorn at Pixar Pier – Pixar Pier
- Poultry Palace – Pixar Pier
- Churros near Redwood Creek Challenge Trail – Grizzly Peak
Additionally, some table service locations will be open with limited menus – reservations are recommended.
What’s Vegan at A Touch of Disney Table Service Locations (updated 3/1/21):
Sonoma Terrace – right now, the only option seems to be:
- Bavarian pretzel
If we learn of any new vegan menu items for A Touch of Disney, we will update here.
Carthay Circle – Al Fresco Dining – the al fresco menu has a few modifiable options to make vegan:
- Strozzapreti pasta: to make it vegan, omit the cheese and the butter. Be sure to note to the chef that you want the vegan version with no butter or cheese.
- Carthay Spring Roll: ask for the vegan version by swapping the shrimp for avocado.
- Winter Pear salad: remove the prosciutto and goat’s cheese.
Lamplight Lounge – Here are the vegan options on the newly released menu from Disney:
- Pastrami-spiced Impossible™ Burger – Seasoned patty, American cheese, pastrami-spiced pineapple, house-made pickles, mustard aïoli, and toasted focaccia served with malted fries (plant-based; new)
Other items from Lamplight Lounge that may be modifiable –
- Spotlight Nachos: Request the nachos, but with no cheese and no beef (instead extra veggies and beans). We will need to confirm this is possible when the event opens
Additional restaurants currently open in DCA:
Smokejumpers Grill (Mobile Order):
- Petite Impossible Burger with guac and pepper jack and tomato on a toasted mini bun (plant-based; new)
- Impossible Chili Waffle Fries with spiced Impossible™ chili with beans, tomato and corn, spicy mayo, cheddar cheese and pico de gallo (plant-based; new)
Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats (Mobile Order):
- It’s Lemon! Soft Serve (plant-based)
- DOLE Whip Pineapple Soft Serve (plant-based; from Tiki Juice Bar)
- It’s Lemon and Pineapple Swirl! (plant-based; new)
Cocina Cucamonga (Mobile Order):
- Torta de Papas Street Tacos – Crispy potato, cabbage slaw with grilled corn, onions, and cilantro with salsa de molcajete in corn tortillas (plant-based)
For the full menus of all available food and drink items, head to the Disney Parks Blog. Images courtesy of Disney.
If you are planning to visit DCA and enjoy any of these vegan Touch of Disney items, we’d love to see what you get! Be sure to tag us in your photos on instagram @VeganDisneyFood or #VeganDisneyFood so we can pretend we are with you enjoying these magical items!
We are working on a complete guide to what’s vegan (as of right now) at DCA and Disneyland Resort so check back!
Want to Pin this to remember it? Click here or the image below to pin What’s Vegan at A Touch of Disney at DCA: