Disney Parks Blog recently announced some of what we’ll find on the menu for the new Gelateria Toscana at EPCOT’s Italy pavilion. Which of course made us wonder, what will be vegan at Gelateria Toscana? The photo below, shared on the parks blog, doesn’t appear to show any vegan options:
Here’s more info from the parks blog:
A new gelato location is opening in the Italy pavilion at EPCOT – Gelateria Toscana. Opening in May, this walk-up window will offer gelati, sorbetti, gelati floats, and much more!
- Gelati in a Waffle Cone or Cup – Chocolate, vanilla, pistachio, cookies ‘cream, stracciatella, strawberry, or tiramisù
- Sorbetti in a Waffle Cone or Cup – Lemon, raspberry, mixed berry, or mango
- Gelati Floats – Fior di Latte gelato with your choice of root beer or Coca-Cola
- Coppa del Nonno – Fior di Latte, chocolate, and cookies ‘n cream gelati with chocolate sauce, whipped cream, and amaretti cookies
- Coppa Amicizia – Fior di Latte, cookies ‘n cream, and strawberry gelati with whipped cream
- Coppa Delizia – Fior di Latte, strawberry, and cookies ‘n cream gelati with strawberry sauce and whipped cream
- “Affogato” Espresso Gelato – Fresh Italian espresso poured over Fior di Latte gelato with an amaretto cookie
- Cannoli al Cioccolato – Crisp pastry filled with sweet ricotta, chocolate, and candied orange
- Zeppole – Soft fried Ricotta cheese fritters dusted with powdered sugar
- Mocha Tiramisù – Mascarpone cream, espresso coffee, savoiardi biscuits, and chocolate
- Specialty non-alcoholic beverages along with cocktails, beer, and wine are also available
So What’s Vegan at Gelateria Toscana?
From that list, we can assume that probably all that will be vegan is the Sorbetti or fruit sorbet. Maybe Italy will surprise us with a non-dairy gelato, that would be fantastic! Until then, we will have to wait to know for sure what will be vegan at Gelateria Toscana.
Currently in the park, the little gelato cart with the donkey in the Italy pavilion may have a fruit sorbet flavor depending on what they have and when the cart is open. Other than that, you can find fruit sorbet at Il Vivo Gelato over at Disney Springs or some dairy-free ice cream at various locations around the park. Always ask, you never know what location may surprise you!
We’ll update this space as we know more about what’s vegan at Gelateria Toscana!
LOOKING FOR VEGAN OPTIONS IN THE THEME PARKS, WATER PARKS AND DISNEY SPRINGS?
Click any of the images below for those guides.
LOOKING FOR VEGAN OPTIONS IN THE WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT HOTELS?
Click the image below for that guide.