Can’t get enough of the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival vegan Grilled Street Corn? Good news! Disney released the recipe.
If you’re a Disney Annual Passholder you may have noticed this recipe in your Mickey Monitor newsletter. For those of you who aren’t Passholders, I thought I’d share it here with you.
Epcot Flower and Garden Festival Vegan Grilled Street Corn Recipe
This is the vegan Grilled Street Corn served at the all-vegan Trowel & Trellis Outdoor Kitchen which made it’s debut in 2019.
Epcot Flower and Garden Festival Grilled Street Corn with Savory Garlic Spread
— Serves Four —
1 gallon water
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup salt
8 corn cobs
VEGAN GARLIC SPREAD:
1 cup vegan margarine
1 tbs chopped shallots
1 tbs lemon juice
1/8 tsp tamari or soy sauce
1/4 tsp chopped garlic
1/2 tsp fresh chopped parsley
1/2 tsp fresh chopped chives
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups vegan cojita cheese (recipe here)
FOR THE CORN BRINE:
1. Place water, salt and sugar in a large bucket.
2. Gently peel the corn husks back, but do not remove. Remove silks and pull leaves back over corn kernels. Place corn cobs in brine and soak for 24 hours.
FOR THE VEGAN GARLIC SPREAD:
1. Combine margarine, shallots, lemon juice, tamari, garlic, parsley, chives and salt in a sauté pan.
2. Cook over medium low heat until margarine is melted.
3. Keep warm until ready to serve.
FOR THE GRILLED STREET CORN PLATING:
1. Preheat grill to 350°. Place wrapped corn on grill and cook turning every five minutes, for 15-20 minutes, until corn is at desired texture.
2. Peel corn leaves back and wrap foil or cooking parchment on the bottom of each corn cob to use as a handle.
3. Dip corn in margarine spread, coating all sides. Sprinkle on crumbled vegan Cojita cheese and dust with chili lime seasoning.
Looking for more info on the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival? Here’s our comprehensive guide that is updated on the first day of each festival every year: The Complete Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival Vegan Disney Food Guide
LOOKING FOR VEGAN OPTIONS IN THE THEME PARKS, WATER PARKS AND DISNEY SPRINGS?
Click any of the images below for those guides.
LOOKING FOR VEGAN OPTIONS IN THE WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT HOTELS?
Click the image below for that guide.
WANT TO REMEMBER THIS OPTION? Save the “Epcot Vegan Grilled Street Corn Recipe” to your favorite Pinterest board.