The 2021 Taste of Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival is finally here – but what’s vegan?! This page will serve as your guide for what’s vegan at the 2021 Epcot Flower & Garden Festival, both modified and vegan as-is.
The Complete 2021 Taste of Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival Vegan Disney Food Guide
This year the Epcot Flower & Garden Festival runs for a little over 17 weeks, from March 3rd through July 5th, which gives you plenty of time to plan a visit over spring break or the beginning of Summer.
We will update the info below as we learn more on opening day! Jump to the bottom to see ALL Menu Items.
Vegan Options at the Flavor Full Outdoor Kitchen
Another brand new kitchen that debuted at the 2019 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival is the Flavor Full Outdoor Kitchen hosted by AdventHealth. This location which can be found in Future World West between Refreshment Port and Imagination returns again with one vegan as-is option on the menu and one modifiable dish.
The returning option is Grilled Baby Vegetables with Hummus Cream and Red Pepper Coulis which is also wheat/gluten free and part of the Garden Graze stroll.
Vegetables include eggplant, carrot, zucchini, tomato and patty pan squash. The red pepper coulis and hummus were fantastic and we enjoyed dragging the grilled veggies through them for the perfect bite.
The plating of this dish was reminiscent of what the chefs were doing at the Epcot International Festival of the Arts. Everything was presented so beautifully.
Guests can also modify the Seared Salmon dish here. Just ask the chef serving at the kiosk to sub additional farro risotto for the fish.
We received a generous portion of dressed farro salad with lima beans mixed in. This was topped with a micro herb, sautéed onion and julienned watermelon radish salad.
The farro has a citrus note to it. The team was split on the flavor of this dish. Half enjoyed. Half thought it had a perfume taste to it.
Vegan Option at Refreshment Port
This year they’ve snuck another vegan item in at the Refreshment Port on your way to Canada. Here you will find the Italian Sausage Poutine. Not really a traditional “poutine” which is gravy and cheese curds on fries, this is more like fries with sausage and a cheese sauce. Despite the name, it IS delicious. Similar to the sausage on top of the vegan mac and cheese at the Food & Wine Festival, this sausage has a kick to it.
Orange Bird Sipper at the Citrus Blossom
This year the Orange Bird Sipper cup has a new design, and a vegan smoothie inside! Refreshing lemon and orange Dole Whip mixed with Orange smoothie are inside of this adorable sipper.
Vegan Options at the 2021 Epcot Flower & Garden Trowel & Trellis Outdoor Kitchen
2019 ushered in a brand new “Trowel & Trellis” Outdoor Kitchen sponsored by Impossible Foods. That kiosk returns in 2021 with an updated menu featuring THREE new items and new drink options too.
We are happy to report that every single thing at the Trowel & Trellis Outdoor Kitchen remains 100% vegan as-is straight off the menu board with no modifications needed.
We have lost the beloved Farmhouse Meatball Wrap, which was pretty much my favorite item ever, but we are gaining two new savory vegan items, so I’ll try to hold back my tears until I try these new options:
Impossible Sausage and Kale Soup
Boneless Impossible Korean Short Rib with Cilantro-Lime Rice, Danmuji Slaw, and Kimchee Mayonnaise (this is also part of the Garden Graze stroll)
This year, the drinks are also getting a refresh. Twinings of London Energize Matcha Cranberry & Lime Green Tea (non-alcoholic) and the Twinings of London Energize Matcha Cranberry & Lime Green Tea with Hanger 1 Makrut Lime Vodka served in a souvenir Mason Jar.
The only returning dish offered at this booth is both vegan and gluten-free. The Grilled Street Corn on the Cob ($5.75) has a savory garlic spread made from Earth Balance butter and is topped with a house-made vegan tofu cheese which resembles crumbled cotija cheese, the traditional topping for street corn.
We have the recipe for this corn here: Epcot Flower & Garden Festival Vegan Grilled Street Corn Recipe
New this year is a vegan dessert at Trowel & Trellis – Lavender Pot de Crème with Blueberry Cake, Pink Peppercorn and Lime Whipped Cream. This dessert is very sweet. If you like panna cotta type custard and white chocolate, you’ll enjoy it. It is coated in a white chocolate-like shell, with pink peppercorns. There is lavender on there somewhere because I actually got a lavender bud in one of my bites. The base is the “blueberry cake” but it’s really more like a crust. Again, super sweet.
Modified Option at Festival Favorites inside World Showplace
Watermelon Salad is a refreshing combination of flavors – arugula, watermelon chunks, pickled red onions and balsamic glaze. Just ask for it without feta and you’re good to go.
La Isla Fresca Modified Option
We discovered on opening day that the Lamb with Plantains here can be veganized by removing the lamb. You’ll get a generous portion of seasoned rice and nicely cooked plantains.
Vegan Options at Taste of Marrakesh
With the new Disney-run Morocco pavilion, we have a new option for the Festival: Lemon Magdalena Cake with Fig Compote and Sangria Gel (part of the Garden Graze stroll). This is a much less sweet dessert option. The cake is a dense pound cake without an overpowering lemon flavor. There are a LOT of figs on there, but when you get a bite with a little bit of everything, it’s a lovely combination of flavors and textures.
Vegan Options at the 2021 Epcot Flower & Garden Bauernmarkt: Farmer’s Market Outdoor Kitchen
Returning this year, The Bauernmarkt: Farmer’s Market Outdoor Kitchen in Germany will again be offering guests vegan Potato Pancakes with House-made Apple Sauce.
Two potato pancakes come to an order and get a topping of applesauce. We love these traditional potato pancakes. They have a slight hint of onion to them and were extremely satisfying. This is a generous serving size as well.
Vegan Options at Jardin de Fiestas (Mexico)
Another new item this year at a new (for us vegans) booth. The Sope de Chorizo: Plant-based Ground Chorizo on Fried Corn Dough with Black Beans and Avocado Mousse is also gluten/wheat friendly.
Vegan Options at Epcot Sunshine Griddle (Future World East)
This is a new option for us this year. Read below for how to modify this dish for vegans:
Avocado Toast with Marinated Toybox Tomatoes and Fresh Goat Cheese on Toasted Ciabatta. We got the scoop on the avocado toast on opening day. We were first told that the bread itself had dairy in it. Since ciabatta bread traditionally does not, we went back to ask again. The allergy binders were not out at all locations, but a chef was called each time. The second time around the chef there told us that the bread itself IS vegan. However, they toast it in a pan with butter. So for this item to be vegan, you must ask for the bread UNtoasted. And of course, ask for it without cheese. Then you’ll be good to go.
Vegan Options at the 2021 Epcot Pineapple Promenade Outdoor Kitchen
Pineapple Dole Whip ($5.25) returns to the Pineapple Promenade Outdoor Kitchen in Showcase Plaza near Port of Entry.
You can get your pineapple Dole Whip plain, in a Fanta soda float (similar to the I Lava You float at Magic Kingdom) or with Parrot Bay Coconut Rum.
This outdoor kitchen is also where you’ll find the iconic Frozen Desert Violet Lemonade ($4.50) garnished with an edible flower.
Vegan Options at the Epcot Refreshment Outpost for 2021
Here you can order the Pineapple Skewer with Tajin Seasoning ($4.75).
We found this a little pricey but the flavor was fantastic.
Plant Based Garden Graze Stroll
Returning this year is the vegan Garden Graze walk which rewards guests with a FREE vegan Dole Whip upon completion.
You can read all about it here: Vegan Garden Graze at the 2021 Epcot Flower & Garden Festival
Here’s a look at the completer prize, which comes in a plastic souvenir cup.
Be sure to grab a commemorative Disney gift card on your way into Epcot. Load it up and use it at each kiosk. It has a wrist strap and makes things so much easier when paying for your food. They have changed the wrist strap so it does not include a plantable seed card this year.
You can also pick up a Spike the Bee Spork this year to cut down on your single use plastic.
So that’s it for the vegan food Options at the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival. Again, the festival runs from March 3rd through July 5th, 2021. For more information on the festival visit DisneyWorld.com. Keep scrolling to read all the menu items offered this year.
Here’s our video review of all the new vegan items at the 2021 Epcot Flower & Garden Festival:
Looking for ALL the 2021 Taste of EPCOT Menus? Here they are so you can plan your day with any non-vegans in your party:
Complete Taste of EPCOT 2021 Flower & Garden Festival Menus
Bauernmarkt: Farmer’s Market (Germany)
- Potato Pancakes with House-made Apple Sauce (Gluten/Wheat-Friendly) (Plant-Based Item)
- Potato Pancake with Caramelized Ham, Onions and Herb Sour Cream (Gluten/Wheat-Friendly)
- Toasted Pretzel Bread topped with Black Forest Ham and Melted Gruyère Cheese
- Warm Cheese Strudel with Mixed Berries
- M.I.A. Brewing Hugo, Doral, FL
- Bitburger Premium Pils, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany
- Stiegl Brewery Radler Zitrone, Salzburg, Austria
- Apfelschaumwein: Sparkling Wine and Apple Liqueur
- Beer Flight
Cider House (World Showplace)
- House-Made Potato and Cheddar Biscuit with Salmon Tartare
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Tart with Whipped Cream
- 3 Daughters Brewing Pink Lemonade, St. Petersburg, FL
- Bold Rock Watermelon Hard Cider, Nellysford, VA
- Blake’s Hard Cider Co. Triple Jam Hard Cider, Armada, MI
- Samuel Smith Old Brewery Pure Brewed Organic Lager, Tadcaster, UK
- Snakebite: Blake’s Hard Cider Co. Triple Jam Hard Cider and Samuel Smith Old Brewery Pure Brewed Organic Lager
- Cider Flight
The Citrus Blossom (Showcase Plaza)
- Meyer Lemon-Poached Lobster Salad with Grapefruit-Rosé Vinaigrette, Yuzu-Marinated Hearts of Palm and Avocado-Yuzu Panna Cotta (Gluten/Wheat-Friendly)
- Citrus-Braised Crispy Pork Belly with Kumquat and Carrot
- Citrus Shortcake: Orange Chiffon Cake, Lemon Curd, Mandarins, Whipped Cream and Citrus Crumble
- Orange-Lemon Smoothie in a Souvenir Orange Bird Sipper Cup (nonalcoholic)
- Islamorada Beer Company Coconut Key Lime Ale, Fort Pierce, FL
- First Magnitude Brewing Lemon Hefeweizen, Gainesville, FL
- Playalinda Brewing Company Hibiscus Lime Ale, Titusville, FL
- Orange Sunshine Wine Slushy
- Beer Flight
Epcot Farmers Feast – New! (World Showplace)
- Spring Onion Soup with Crispy Shallots and Micro Chive
- Duck Confit with Carrot Purée, Roasted Root Vegetables, Rainbow Chard and Duck Jus (Gluten/Wheat-Friendly)
- Off the “Beet”en Path: Profiteroles with Red Beet Mousse, Golden Beet Pastry Cream, Whipped Goat Cheese Cream and Candied Walnuts
- 81Bay Brewing Co. Watermelon Mint Wheat Ale, Tampa, FL
- Hibiscus Lemonade Cocktail featuring Islamorada Brewery & Distillery Hibiscus Gin
Epcot Sunshine Griddle – New! (Future World East)
- Avocado Toast with Marinated Toybox Tomatoes and Fresh Goat Cheese on Toasted Ciabatta
- Shrimp and Grits: Blackened Shrimp and Cheddar Cheese Grits with Brown Gravy and Sweet Corn Salsa
- Corned Beef Brisket Hash with House-Made Potato Barrels, Onions, Peppers, Cheese Curds and a Soft-Poached Egg with Tabasco® Hollandaise
- Fried Cinnamon Roll Bites with Cream Cheese Frosting and Candied Bacon
- Froot Loops® Shake (nonalcoholic)
- Joffrey’s Coffee™ Cold Brew Cocktail with Milk, Kahlúa Rum and Coffee Liqueur, and Vanilla Vodka
Festival Favorites (World Showplace)
- Watermelon Salad with Pickled Onions, Feta and Balsamic Reduction (Gluten/Wheat-Friendly)
- Beef Brisket Burnt Ends and Smoked Pork Belly Slider with Garlic Sausage, Chorizo, Cheddar Fondue and House-Made Pickle
- Fried Green Tomatoes with Blue Crab-Fennel Salad, Remoulade and Smoked Paprika Oil
- Key Lime Tart with Toasted Meringue
- Frozen Lemonade (nonalcoholic)
- 3 Daughters Brewing Maple Bacon Stout, St. Petersburg, FL
- Frozen Lemonade with Firefly Blackberry Moonshine
Flavor Full Kitchen Hosted by AdventHealth (Future World West)
- Grilled Baby Vegetables with Hummus Cream and Red Pepper Coulis (Gluten/Wheat-Friendly) (Plant-Based Item)
- Seared Verlasso® Salmon with Farro Risotto and Micro-herbs
- Strawberry Mousse with Chocolate Crisp Pearls
- Blood Orange Agua Fresca (nonalcoholic)
- Cookie Butter Worms and Dirt (nonalcoholic)
Fleur de Lys (France)
- Tarte aux Oignons Caramélisés et Chèvre: Goat Cheese Tart with Caramelized Onions on a Flaky Pastry Crust
- Canard Confit à l’Orange aux Gnocchi à la Parisienne: Braised Duck Confit à l’Orange with Parisian Gnocchi
- Macaron au Chocolate en Sucette: Large Chocolate Macaron Lollipop
- Beignet Caramélisé, Fourré Crème Vanille, Glacé au Caramel Fleur de Sel: Caramelized Beignet Filled with Vanilla Cream and Glazed with Caramel Fleur de Sel
- Kronenbourg Blanc 1664 Draft Beer
- VeRy Raspberry: Rosé Wine with Natural Raspberry Flavor
- Chardonnay, Le Vieux Manoir
- Bordeaux, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Malbec Blend, Château Lorient
- La Vie en Rose Frozen Slushy: Vodka, Grey Goose l’Orange Vodka, St. Germain Liqueur, White and Red Cranberry Juice
- Frushi: Strawberry, Pineapple and Cantaloupe wrapped in Sweet Rice and Pink Soy Wrap served with Whipped Cream, Drizzled Berry Sauce and Toasted Coconut *Note this has not been vegan even without the whipped cream but we will check if Disney stopped using cochineal this year!
- Shrimp and Crab with Spicy Mayonnaise and Cucumber Slices Finished with Creamy Avocado and Violet Sauce
- Soy-glazed Pork Shank with Truffle Mashed Potatoes, Crispy Lotus Flower, Garlic Chips and Green Onion
- Sakura Zen Ale
- Pineapple Sake
- Blood Orange Sour with Fresh Mint
The Honey Bee-stro Hosted by National Honey Board™ (Showcase Plaza)
- Tupelo Honey and Sweet Corn Spoon Bread with Jalapeños, Bacon and House-Made Whipped Honey Butter (Gluten/Wheat-Friendly)
- Lavender Honey Mustard-Marinated Chicken Flatbread with Whipped Honey-Ricotta Cheese, Marinated Vegetables and Purple Haze Lavender Goat Cheese
- Local Wildflower Honey-Mascarpone Cheesecake with Orange Blossom Honey Whipped Cream, Whipped Honey, Crystalized Honey, Honeycomb, Dehydrated Honey and Fennel Pollen Meringue Kisses
- Honey-Peach Freeze in a Souvenir Spike the Bee Sipper Cup (nonalcoholic)
- First Magnitude Brewing Co. Honey Bee Citrus Blonde Ale, Gainesville, FL
- Florida Orange Groves Winery Orange Blossom Honey Wine, St. Petersburg, FL
- Honey-Peach Freeze with Blueberry Vodka
Jardin de Fiestas (Mexico)
- Tostada de Cochinita: Braised Pork on a Crispy Corn Tortilla with Black Beans Topped with Pickled Onions, Mango-Habanero Relish and Oregano (Gluten/Wheat-Friendly)
- Taco Vampiro: Braised Beef on a Corn Tortilla with Crispy Grilled Monterey Jack Cheese and Salsa Ranchera (Gluten/Wheat-Friendly)
- Sope de Chorizo: Plant-Based Ground Chorizo on Fried Corn Dough with Black Beans and Avocado Mousse (Gluten/Wheat-Friendly) (Plant-Based Item)
- Passion Fruit Margarita: Corazón de Agave Blanco Tequila, Passion Fruit Purée, Lime Juice, Nixta Corn Liqueur and a Hint of Smoke with a Hibiscus Flower Salt Rim
- The Garden Margarita: Ojo de Tigre Mezcal, Lettuce Juice, Ancho Reyes Chile Verde Liqueur, Lime Juice, Gracias a Dios Agave Gin and a Sprig of Thyme
- Tulum Mexican Craft Beer with Floater: Artisanal Lager with Citrus Notes Made with Caribbean Seawater and Served with an Elderflower Liqueur Floater
La Isla Fresca (Between Morocco and France)
- Lamb Curry with Sweet Plantains and Rice (Gluten/Wheat-Friendly)
- Sugar Cane Shrimp Skewer with Steamed Rice and Coconut-Lime Sauce (Gluten/Wheat-Friendly)
- Tropical Mousse Cup: Layers of Passion Fruit Cake, Coconut Mousse and a Tropical Fruit Glaze with Fresh Pineapple
- Tropical Freeze (nonalcoholic)
- Ivanhoe Park Brewing Co. Hibiscus Guavacation Sour Beer, Orlando, FL
- Tropical Freeze with Parrot Bay Mango Rum
Lotus House (China)
- Papa Cakes: Potato Cakes Filled with Shrimp and Water Chestnuts Served with House-Made Strawberry Sauce
- Bon Bon Chicken Skewer with Sesame and Peanut Sauce
- House-Made Crab and Cheese Wontons
- “Panda” Bubble Tea: Classic Milk Tea with Black and White Boba Pearls (nonalcoholic)
- Jasmine Draft Beer
- Marco Boba: Amaretto, Iced Coffee, Milk, and Boba
- Kung Fu Punch: Vodka, Triple Sec, Mango Syrup, Orange Juice and Soda Water
- Tang Dynasty: Jose Cuervo Especial Tequila Gold, Light Rum, Strawberry Syrup, Piña Colada Mix, White Boba Pearls and Soda Water
Magnolia Terrace (The American Adventure)
- Crawfish Étouffée with Andouille Sausage and Dirty Rice
- Cajun-style Roasted Oysters
- House-made Boudin Two Ways with Spicy Mustard
- Pecan Cake with Maple Whipped Cream
- Pecan Praline
- Bayou Cocktail: Bayou Spiced Rum, Coconut Rum, Fruit Punch and Minute Maid® Orange Juice
- 81Bay Brewing Co. Orange Coriander Wheat Ale, Tampa, FL
- Wicked Weed Brewing Day Light American Light Ale, Asheville, NC
- Parish Brewing Co. Ghost in the Machine Double IPA, Broussard, LA
- Beer Flight
Northern Bloom (Canada)
- Seared Scallops with French Green Beans, Butter Potatoes, Brown Butter Vinaigrette and Applewood-Smoked Bacon (Gluten/Wheat-Friendly)
- Beef Tenderloin Tips, Mushroom Bordelaise Sauce and Whipped Potatoes with Garden Vegetables
- Griddled Maple Pound Cake with Warm Peach Compote and Sweet Corn Gelato
- Maple Popcorn Shake (nonalcoholic)
- 81Bay Brewing Apricot with Maple Syrup, Tampa, FL
- Collective Arts Brewing Blackberry Fruit Beer, Hamilton, Ontario
- Goose Island Beer Company Lost Palate Hazy IPA with Mango and Cinnamon, Chicago, IL
- Maple Popcorn Shake with Tap 357 Maple Rye Whisky
- Beer Flight
Pineapple Promenade (Showcase Plaza)
- Spicy Hot Dog with Pineapple Chutney and Plantain Chips
- Mixed Berry Buttermilk Cake
- DOLE Whip® (Plant-Based Item)
- Frozen Desert Violet Lemonade (nonalcoholic)
- DOLE Whip® with Fanta® (nonalcoholic)
- 3 Daughters Brewing Tropical Hefe Wheat Ale, St. Petersburg, FL
- Wicked Weed Brewing Fresh Pressed Wheat Ale with Mango, Pineapple and Guava, Asheville, NC
- Lexington Brewing & Distilling Company Alo’hop IPA, Lexington, KY
- Playalinda Brewing Company Violet Lemonade Ale, Titusville, FL
- Florida Orange Groves Winery Sparkling Pineapple Wine, St. Petersburg, FL
- DOLE Whip® Topped with Parrot Bay Coconut Rum
- Pineapple Beer Flight
Primavera Kitchen (Italy)
- Margherita: Rustic Italian Flatbread with Tomato Sauce and Mozzarella
- Arancini: Sweet Sausage Fried Risotto Balls with Pomodoro Sauce
- Traditional Sicilian Cannoli: Crisp Pastry Filled with Sweet Ricotta, Chocolate and Candied Orange
- Peroni Pilsner
- Pinot Grigio
- Rosa Regale
- White Sangria with Prosecco
- Red Sangria with Cabernet Sauvignon
- Margarita with Limoncello and Tequila
Taste of Marrakesh (Morocco)
- Moroccan Seafood Couscous with Shrimp, Mussels, Olives, Preserved Lemons and Anchovy Breadcrumbs
- Shakshuka: Moroccan Baked Eggs in a Spiced Eggplant and Tomato Stew
- Lemon Magdalena Cake with Orange and Fig Compote and Sangria Gel (Plant-Based Item)
- M.I.A. Beer Company Pink Hibiscus Orange Wheat Ale, Doral, Florida
- Maeloc Pineapple and Pear Hard Cider, Galicia, Spain
Select dishes featuring Melissa’s Produce
Trowel & Trellis Hosted by Impossible™ Foods (Showcase Plaza)
- Grilled Street Corn on the Cob with Savory Garlic Spread (Gluten/Wheat-Friendly) (Plant-Based Item)
- Impossible™ Sausage and Kale Soup (Plant-Based Item)
- Boneless Impossible™ Korean Short Rib with Cilantro-Lime Rice, Danmuji Slaw and Kimchee Mayonnaise (Plant-Based Item)
- Lavender Pot de Crème with Blueberry Cake, Pink Peppercorn and Lime Whipped Cream (Plant-Based Item)
- Twinings of London® Energize Matcha Cranberry & Lime Green Tea (nonalcoholic)
- Parish Brewing Co. Bloom Hazy IPA, Broussard, LA
- Twinings of London® Energize Matcha Cranberry & Lime Green Tea with Hanger 1 Makrut Lime Vodka Served in a Mason Jar
In addition to the regular menu, enjoy these Festival specialties:
- House-Made Italian Sausage and Peppers Poutine (Plant-Based Item)
- Popsicle Trio: Honeydew, Raspberry-Mint and Coconut-Lime (Gluten/Wheat-Friendly)
- Starcut Ciders Cidre Colada Hard Cider, Bellaire, MI
- Cutwater Bloody Mary: Ultra-premium Vodka, All-Natural Tomato Juice and a Dash of Spice
- Cutwater Whiskey Mule: Black Skimmer Bourbon with Ginger Beer, a Hint of Lime and Aromatic Bitters
In addition to the regular menu, enjoy these Festival specialties:
- Pineapple Skewer with Tajin Seasoning (Gluten/Wheat-Friendly) (Plant-Based Item)
- Islamorada Beer Company Key Lime Hibiscus Ale, Ft. Pierce, FL
- Mini Funnel Cake Topped with Lemon Cheesecake Ice Cream, Blueberries and Powdered Sugar
Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company
Look for the specialty Festival beverage at each in-park location:
- Future World East: Bloomin’ Berry: Frozen Lemon and Blackberry Syrup with a Splash of Vodka
- Showcase Plaza: Citrus Sunrise: Frozen Lemon and Passion Fruit with Mandarin Vodka
- The American Adventure: Bubbly Brew: Jameson® Cold Brew and a Splash of Coke®
- Canada Pavilion: Spring Flurry: Frozen Lemon and Cinnamon Whiskey
LOOKING FOR VEGAN OPTIONS IN THE THEME PARKS, WATER PARKS AND DISNEY SPRINGS?
Click any of the images below for those guides.
LOOKING FOR VEGAN OPTIONS IN THE WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT HOTELS?
Click the image below for that guide.