Originally slated to open in the Summer of 2020, Toy Story Roundup Rodeo BBQ Restaurant is officially set to open March 23, 2023 and we’ve got the vegan options for you!. The Toy Story-themed dining location will be to the right of the entrance to Toy Story Land inside Disney’s Hollywood Studios theme park. But what will be vegan on the Toy Story Roundup Rodeo BBQ menu? Wow that restaurant name is a mouthful – keep reading to find out what you can enjoy!
Like so many other projects at Walt Disney World, this newest restaurant had been put on hold during the pandemic but it’s finally almost ready to open!
Toy Story Roundup Rodeo BBQ will be a much needed table service location within Toy Story Land, bringing the total full service dining spots in Disney’s Hollywood Studios to six. Specifically, Toy Story Land doesn’t have much in the way of seating. Woody’s Lunchbox can be a bit difficult to experience during peak times. Having a sit-down service spot will alleviate some of the need for space to enjoy a meal.
Disney has just released the opening date for Toy Story Roundup Rodeo BBQ – March 23, 2023. They also shared the full menu. We were confident there will be at least one option, especially given the popularity of the vegan Totchos and vegan Grilled Cheese at Woody’s Lunchbox. Let’s see if we were right!
Disney has announced that this table-service sit-down restaurant will be family style. The bread option seems to be cheddar biscuits, so we’ll have to see what the vegan option will be for the bread course.
Fresh, delicious salads for all to enjoy!
- Tomato Salad: Tomatoes, cucumbers, and pickled red onions tossed in a white balsamic vinaigrette and garnished with fresh dill (plant-based)
- Rex’s Romaine and Kale Salad: Romaine and kale mixed with green apples, pumpkin seeds, and dried cranberries tossed with green goddess dressing (this dressing can probably be switched for a vegan option)
- Watermelon Salad: Cubed watermelon garnished with freshly torn mint leaves (plant-based)
Savory plant-based offerings are available upon request:
- Slow-smoked Cauliflower topped with sweet harissa drizzle and crunchy walnut gremolata
- Oven-roasted “Bratwurst” that is tender and juicy, sliced to perfection
- Impossible “Rib Chop” seasoned with spices, then roasted and glazed with sweet BBQ sauce and skewered on a sugar cane “bone”
All entreés served with an assortment of sweet, traditional, and spicy BBQ sauces. (We’ll have to confirm the sauces are vegan, but all the sauces at Regal Eagle are, so fingers crossed these are too)
Then you choose four of the following sides for the table: (We’re sharing all the options, but note only 3 are listed as plant-based. The corn could probably be modified to be vegan, or maybe they’ll let you double up on something.)
- The Married Spuds: Loaded potato barrels drizzled with green goddess dressing, cheese sauce, and seasoned BBQ spices
- Force Field Fried Pickles: Jumbo pickle spears coated with a dill-flavored breading and fried to perfection
- Slinky Doooooooooog Mac & Cheese: Spiral pasta in a creamy house-made cheese sauce topped with crumbled cheddar crackers
- Buckin’ Baked Beans: A traditional BBQ picnic favorite (plant-based)
- Cowpoke Corn on the Cob: Grilled and seasoned with a chili-lime spice blend, cilantro, cotija cheese, and lime juice
- Mean Old Potato Salad: Homestyle with red-skinned potatoes
- Veggie Slaw: Crunchy shredded veggie slaw that is a summertime favorite! (plant-based)
- Campfire-roasted Vegetables: A variety of roasted seasonal vegetables (plant-based)
Lastly, these perfectly portioned chuckwagon desserts offer a sweet take on the BBQ picnic classics.
Choose from a selection for the table: (again, sharing all the options but note only one is plant-based)
- Cupcake à la Forky: Forky is up to something sweet! A classic chocolate cake with a gooey chocolate ganache center topped with velvety graham cracker buttercream and a sugar cookie
- Lemon and Blueberry Cheesecake: An iconic creamy dessert that balances the tanginess of the cheesecake with the natural sweetness of blueberries and lemon
- Billy’s Chocolate Silk Pie: Layers of graham cracker crust and silky chocolate mousse topped with chantilly cream
- Goat’s Apple Pie: A picnic classic! Tart apples and warm pie spices balance perfectly with the creamy sweet filling under a crumble crust
- Gruff’s Peach-Strawberry Pie: With its silky sweet peaches and tartness of strawberries, this dessert is a fruit-centric delight! (plant-based)
There you have it. Quite a few options. I wish we had more desserts and sides to choose from, but we’ll see if they make any changes once they open. I’m thankful we have the options above, which make it sound like it’s worth a visit at least!
Disney has also released the drink options available at Woody’s Roundup Rodeo BBQ:
An assortment of craft cocktails and nonalcoholic beverages will have you feeling nostalgic for backyard picnics on warm summer days.
Grown-up Craft Cocktails:
- Snake Eye Margarita: Inspired by a summertime BBQ featuring watermelon, smoke, and a bit of spice!
- Rum Punch: Rum punch with vibrant flavors of passion fruit and pineapple finished with a smoky spiced garnish
- Chocolate with a Grown-up Twist: A blend of chocolate rum, horchata liqueur, cocoa, and flavors of toasted marshmallow
- Frozen Peanut Butter & Jelly: A fun frozen twist on the classic peanut butter & jelly featuring peanut butter whiskey
- Whiskey Lemonade: A fresh take on a strawberry lemonade made with Tennessee whiskey and Italian bitter aperitif
- The Rodeo Mule: A classic “patio sipper,” this mule mixes vodka with fresh juices and ginger beer
A selection of beer, hard cider, and wines by the glass are available.
- Molly’s Frozen Iced Tea: A frosty concoction with iced tea and citrus flavors
- Frozen Cocoa: A frozen blend of cocoa and vanilla topped with miniature marshmallows (this won’t be vegan!)
- Partysaurus Rex: Strawberry lemonade is even more fun when you garnish it with gummy worms! (the gummy worms will not be vegan)
Watch this space for news and updates on Vegan Options at Toy Story Roundup Rodeo BBQ. (And practice saying that name 5 times fast! 😉 ) Any suggestions for what you think should be added to the menu? We’ll update this page with our review when we try all the vegan options too, so bookmark it and check back. As of now, no date has been given for when reservations open.
For a current listing of ALL the vegan options in Disney’s Hollywood Studios check out our guide here: What’s Vegan in Disney’s Hollywood Studios?